Her face and neck are covered in tiny raised red bumps, especially her forehead. The rash/acne doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but it sure looks awful. We did a bunch of research on the internet and had come to the conclusion that it was either an allergic reaction or baby acne. In any case, we have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll have a more firm conclusion then.
When the rash first started, I thought she might be having an allergic reaction to a moisturizer that I used for the dry skin on my hands. I make a point of wiping the moisturizer off my palms and fingertips, and only applying it just after I finish feeding Rowan, but I thought it might still have affected her.
We were more worried about it before we talked to G&M on Sunday and they told us that their daughter had had similar breakouts of baby acne and that baby skin does all kinds of weird things for the first six weeks. I guess babies have to build an immune system from the ground up.
She's adorable even with her rash...

No comments:
Post a Comment