Saturday, January 13, 2007

sleeping and visits

Sleeping beauty
For the last two nights, Rowan has slept 10 consecutive hours! I didn't know that was possible! I mean, I figured that "sleeping through the night" was 6-8 hours, which she's been doing pretty consistently for the last few weeks. I was pretty happy with that, but TEN is fantastic.

Our baby is a sucky-monster
Sucky-monster

Rowan continues to be obsessed with sucking her thumb. It is great right now because it helps her calm down, but I hope it doesn't become a long-term problem. :-)



Once in a blue moon, Rowan will actually take her soother. Usually she prefers her hand (or somebody else's hand).

Family visit
We had a nice visit from Nigel's parents last night. Rowan was her usual charming self and got carried around and dandled by both proud grandparents, who she threw up on. Meanwhile, I made complicated but very tasty Korean bibimbop for dinner. I'll definitely make it again, but I'll simplify a few things.

Nigel and his dad jammed a bit down in the living room while Val and I played some French Scrabble; to clarify, we played in English, but with my second-hand French Scrabble set. There are WAY more vowels and some consonants are worth radically different amounts - J is worth 10, for example, and there are 15 Es but only one Y. Fun anyways. I would like to play more often 'cause I like words.

Chatty baby
Rowan has become a lot more vocal over the last few days. This morning she was chatting with her grandparents and her dangly toys. I love watching the ways Rowan finds to express herself. I know that eventually these sounds will become words, but I'm in no hurry. Sometimes non-word sounds can tell you more.

No comments: