Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sunday update and sleeping

Sunday excitement
On Sunday, we went into Ottawa for Rebecca's first birthday. Chaos reigned, tasty cupcakes were devoured, and many toddler-sized Megablock towers were toppled with princesses inside. A fun time for everybody! M gave me a lovely and thoughtful gift of a nursing poncho, which was very helpful at the party (and much easier than the sarongs and receiving blankets I had been stubbornly using).

While at Greg and Madeleine's, Rowan enjoyed the use of Rebecca's rocking vibro-chair, which features dangling fun stuff to look at and hit and a strange rendition of the song Old McDonald had a Farm. We would like to get something like this for Rowan, since it is kind of like a sitting-up play mat. I'm sure we could use the toys interchangeably on them, too.

Clothing sizes
Rowan is growing like crazy; I usually put her in size 3-6 month diapershirts when she is wearing cloth diapers, since they make her into a big-bottomed dumpling. Some of the size zero-3 month onesies still fit when she is wearing a disposable diaper, but she has outgrown some of them already!

She also doesn't seem to like having her feet enclosed; socks and sleepers with feet don't seem to be her favourite things. She likes to be able to kick and wriggle her toes without restriction. When we leave the house, we have to put on socks and such, but I just leave her feet bare at home unless she is going in the swing. The swing makes her feet cold if she doesn't have something on.

Sleeping patterns emerging
Rowan seems to be sleeping longer at night now; usually between 5 and 7 hours at a stretch. She also seems to be having this two-hour ultra-awake time just before she goes to sleep. Now I just need to move this awake-time to *before* I want to go to bed, instead of her starting up right when I'm ready to pack it in for the night.

Tummy time
Rowan isn't a big fan of tummy time, but I try to do it anyways because it is good for her neck strength. She gets a lot of tummy time on me and Nigel, looking around at everything, but not much on her own.


Tummy time

I'm a cutie!

Self-portrait with Rowan

No comments: