Eeek! It's almost Christmas!
We've been very busy preparing for all the exciting Christmas visiting that's coming up, so I haven't had much time to post. But, things are almost under control chez nous. Our house is *almost* clean, my packages went out to NB this morning (they'll be a bit late, folks...), the tree is up, but not quite decorated, and the gifts are almost all ready. I just need to do some baking, tree-trimming, groceries and last-minute wrapping before my guests start arriving on Friday.
You see, this is our first time ever having Christmas at our own place. All of our 11 Christmases together we've driven to see both of our families over the holidays, which is a lot of travelling and creates a bit of a hassle with our two cats. But this year, we have Rowan to thank for bringing everybody to us. :-) Thanks, darling!
Immunizations
This morning, Rowan had her first round of immunizations. It was so hard to hear her pained cries, but I suppose it's for the best. Poor monkey. Needles in both of her chubby little thighs. She seems to have recovered well from it. I gave her a very small amount (.5 ml) of Infant Tylenol gel to help, since she seemed a bit stiff and cranky this afternoon. Rowan made a funny face when I gave it to her; I guess it's the first non-breast milk flavour she's had in her mouth.
Little Miss Beanstalker
Also, Rowan now weighs just over 11 pounds and is very long for her age (above 95th percentile). No wonder she is outgrowing her clothes so fast! She has a cute red-and-white striped Christmas sleeper that fit her perfectly last week and now barely covers her ankles! We had to go up a size for her disposible diapers that we use when we go out and I'm worried that she'll outgrow her lovely handmade cloth ones a lot sooner than we thought, too...
Anyhow. Here are a few cute photos to keep you going!
We've been very busy preparing for all the exciting Christmas visiting that's coming up, so I haven't had much time to post. But, things are almost under control chez nous. Our house is *almost* clean, my packages went out to NB this morning (they'll be a bit late, folks...), the tree is up, but not quite decorated, and the gifts are almost all ready. I just need to do some baking, tree-trimming, groceries and last-minute wrapping before my guests start arriving on Friday.
You see, this is our first time ever having Christmas at our own place. All of our 11 Christmases together we've driven to see both of our families over the holidays, which is a lot of travelling and creates a bit of a hassle with our two cats. But this year, we have Rowan to thank for bringing everybody to us. :-) Thanks, darling!
Immunizations
This morning, Rowan had her first round of immunizations. It was so hard to hear her pained cries, but I suppose it's for the best. Poor monkey. Needles in both of her chubby little thighs. She seems to have recovered well from it. I gave her a very small amount (.5 ml) of Infant Tylenol gel to help, since she seemed a bit stiff and cranky this afternoon. Rowan made a funny face when I gave it to her; I guess it's the first non-breast milk flavour she's had in her mouth.
Little Miss Beanstalker
Also, Rowan now weighs just over 11 pounds and is very long for her age (above 95th percentile). No wonder she is outgrowing her clothes so fast! She has a cute red-and-white striped Christmas sleeper that fit her perfectly last week and now barely covers her ankles! We had to go up a size for her disposible diapers that we use when we go out and I'm worried that she'll outgrow her lovely handmade cloth ones a lot sooner than we thought, too...
Anyhow. Here are a few cute photos to keep you going!
Me and my baby
My favourite two cuties!
Hands up!
A warm winter walk

1 comment:
I just did my first immunization with Rebecca the other day, she gets them in the arms now as they would rather the baby have sore arms than legs once they're walking.
Holding her down for the first shot was hard, but she was downright angry for the second one. Fortunately it was over quickly.
Post a Comment