Outside in our pixie suit
Nice weather has been attracting us outside the past few days. It was beautiful and sunny but a bit cool the other day, so Rowan wore the super-sweet "pixie suit" my mom knit for her. Hand-knit stuff is so special; I just love it. Now the suit fits her perfectly and the weather is just right for a cozy sweater when out for a walk.
pixie baby and her mummyRowan seems to really enjoy looking at the trees and birds when we're outside. We walked around and touched the bark of a pine tree and a cedar tree and pine needles. On an unrelated note, there is a funny partridge who likes to hang around under our deck and nibble at the seeds that fall off the birdfeeder. He is very neat.


Piano playing and kitty-cats
Rowan continues to find the piano fascinating, so Nigel and I try to encourage her interest. She likes to hold onto the backs Nigel's hands while he plays the notes. Maya sometimes likes to help play the piano, too.


The famous green sweater
Here is a photo of Rowan wearing the green sweater I knit for her before she was born. I hadn't knit anything more complex than a garter-stitch scarf at the time, so I'm SO excited that it fits her. I'm really glad I made the torso longer than the pattern indicated because Rowan is such a long girl. It should fit her for a couple of months.
And can I just say again that I am in love with kids' consignment shops? Almonte has one now (D.C. Kids) and that's where I got the pants and blouse for this outfit. Probably cost me $5 for both.
cute spring outfitBottle games
Last night while we were eating dinner, Rowan was fascinated with this bottle of sparkling cranberry soda. While she was in her seat, Nigel put the plastic bottle within reach of her little feet. Kick, kick, kick! Wiggle, squirm, vibrate! Huge eyes and flapping hands. She loved it. Rowan really enjoys things that give feedback - especially things that make noise. After we were done eating, we played a few other variations on the bottle game - grab the bottle, roll the bottle, and try to eat the bottle.
kick the bottle
grab the bottle - with munching intentions!Eating solids
Rowan continues to enjoy eating; the peas are still a big favourite. She likes the oatmeal cereal as well as the rice. I'll have to pick up some barley cereal, too. We tried a baby food bottle of strained squash, but it tasted gross (Nigel, Rowan and I agree). Today I'm going to prepare some tasty squash - grown by Rowan's grandma Val last season - and see what Rowan thinks of that.
Baby Sign classes
Starting in mid-April, Rowan and I will be taking a four-week-long Baby Sign class in Almonte. Should be fun! Rowan already seems to understand the signs for "fan" and "all done," but of course she isn't signing back at this point and likely won't be for a couple of months.

No comments:
Post a Comment