Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rowan's second birthday photos!

The much-awaited post of photos from Rowan's birthday! (I'm sorry LJ users, I know there are a lot of photos but I haven't found any way to make a cut in the blog.)

Nigel and I decorated the living room while Rowan was sleeping, so she was super-excited in the morning when she woke up to all the balloons and streamers.

We had a great turnout of friends and family, and Rowan seemed to love all of it.

Rowan's first gift of the day was from Nonni - a beautiful pair of deer-skin moccasins. It looks like she is biting them, but she is smelling them. These have since become Rowan's "jumping" moccasins; she likes to wear them when she jumps on the couch or gets daddy to help her "jump" in the air over the couch. :-) There will be photos of this activity later.

Rowan with NonniRowan with Nonni.

jumping moccasinsJumping moccasins

Rowan scoping out the presents.

Rowan's cousin Samantha and friend Rebecca help Rowan unwrap some of her presents.

Rowan in her birthday dress.

The party in our living room.

Rowan and Rebecca playing with their party blowers. I think the two of them succeeded in moistening every one of those blowers. :-)

Rowan wearing one of her finger puppets from Auntie Heather. She loves these little guys and carries them around in a purse sometimes. I find them everywhere.

Rowan poring over the fateful potty book. This particular potty book was the inspiration behind Rowan's diaper-removing exploits - it specifically mentions removing your diaper in order to go to the potty.

Rowan and her great-grandma Abbey

Rowan and Rebecca playing with the wooden train set.

Daddy "reading" a dino sticker book to Rowan and Rebecca.

Rowan's parrot from her cousin Sam.

Happy birthday to Rowan!

Rowan loves her birthday ice-cream cake.

Rowan and a birthday cupcake!

And more cupcake!

No comments: